The new designed NXG (NeXt Generation) LSDs: the strongest, most progressive and versatile LSD unit in the market place. The 3J clutch plate pack always runs with 8 active surfaces, even in our lighter settings, giving maximum surfaces and surface area contact during use. A new design pre-load spacer helps generate the pre-load. Rather than just have the 2 or 3 settings of other units, the unit can be 'fine tuned' to precise pre-load settings which when complemented with the choice of ramps, allows you to get the perfect LSD set up. The bevel and planet gear pack has been designed for a smoother mesh with a bigger and stronger tooth profile. This helps eliminate the rattle and excessive back lash that are often found in other plate type LSDs. All 3J LSDs are built to this design with the exception of the English Salisbury style unit. All units have the benefit of dual ramps allowing the driver to vary how the LSD reacts when entering and leaving a corner. This progressive unit is designed for Ford English Axle. Larger journal diameters for added strength with bearings included to suit. Duel ramp blocks give a choice of ramp angles (25/70, 30/60, 30/90, 45/45, 35/35, 40/90 and 50/90) which along with the three factory preload settings of 10-15,25-35 and 60-70lbs/ft and the fact you can choose a specific pre-load setting if you so desire, provides the ultimate choice of set up.
For competition applications using Group 4 18 spline halfshafts.Application:
- Ford Anglia 105E/123E 1959-1968
- Ford Capri Mk1 base models (not 2.6 V6 or 3.0 V6) 1969-1974
- Ford Capri Mk2 1.3/1.6 1974-1978
- Ford Capri Mk3 1.3/1.6 1978-1986
- Ford Consul 315 1961-1963
- Ford Consul Capri 1961-1964
- Ford Consul Corsair 1963-1965
- Ford Corsair V4 1965-1970
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1962-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1.5 GT 1963-1966
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk1 1963-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1966-1970
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1600GT/1600E 1967-1970
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 1966-1970
- Ford Escort Mk1 1.1/1.3 1968-1974*
- Ford Escort Mk1 Mexico 1970-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 1970-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS2000 1973-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 Twin Cam 1968-1971
- Ford Escort Mk2 1.1/1.3/1.6 1975-1980*
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS Mexico 1975-1978
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS1800 1975-1977
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 1976-1980
- Ford Prefect 107E 1959-1961
*Please check axle type before ordering parts. Many non-UK Escorts were fitted with a Koln axle which is visually similar to an Atlas axle but much weaker.
English Axle (also known as the Timken or Banjo axle): Originating from the Anglia 105E in 1959, the English axle has been extensively used throughout many Ford models during the 1960s and 1970s. It has also been the choice for many kit cars. Although it was Ford's light duty axle from this period, it has been used extensively in competition applications for over 50 years and can easily deal with power figures way in excess of the original design intensions.
Identification: The English differential unit bolts to the front of the axle casing. The Atlas and Koln axle have an integral differential housing with a rear inspection cover bolted to the casing.
Standard halfshaft spline is 22 teeth except for Capri which uses 16 teeth.
Oil capacity is approx 1.1 litres.
- Additional Information
Part No LSD3J5 Fits Axle Type English Axle Product Group Differential LSDs & ATBs Stock Status Stock Lead Time Typically 1-2 weeks Catalogue 2018 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 104 of our 2018 catalogue Brand Logo Fits Model Variant Ford Escort Mk1 (All), Ford Escort Mk2 (All) Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £14.22 Taxed, Each £17.06
No Tax, Each £18.65 Taxed, Each £22.38
No Tax, Each £231.56 Taxed, Each £277.87
No Tax, Each £12.96 Taxed, Each £15.55
No Tax, Each £39.41 Taxed, Each £47.29
No Tax, Each £11.78 Taxed, Each £14.14