A huge Airtec front mount intercooler kit with 100mm core. Polished finish.Why do you need a front mount intercooler kit?
The original charge cooler kit works fine on standard cars but on modified cars with increased boost, the water temperature in the charge cooler can't cope and start to climb to high levels. This can cause your air charge temperature (ACT) to rise to over 55°C leading to power loss & possible engine damage. By fitting a front mount intercooler these ACTs are kept well below the safe 50°C mark, which in turn will help your engine produce more power safely.
This kit will take approximately 4-6 hours to fit. There is no cutting, grinding or welding and you don't need to turn your turbo housing with this kit.This kit includes:
- Airtec 100m core Focus RS intercooler
- Alloy boost pipes
- Silicon hoses (available in blue or black)
- Full stainless steel jubilee clips
- Alloy battery relocation tray with battery clamps
- Step by step fitting Instructions
Please note this kit has been designed to use a K&N gen2 or similar and an original airbox cannot be used.Test results on Airtec's own modified car:
- Before intercooler 262bhp & 306 lb/ft.
- After intercooler 292bhp & 345 lb/ft.
- Air temperature dropped from 158°C to 25°C - a massive 133° drop in temperature!
Note these results were from a car with a standard turbo and manifold. This conversion will work even better when fitted on cars with aftermarket manifolds and turbos.Application:
- Ford Focus Mk1 RS 2.0 16v 2002-2003 (Duratec RS)
- Additional Information
Part No ATINT11 Product Group Intercoolers & Radiators Stock Status Stock Lead Time Typically 1-2 weeks Catalogue 2017 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 63 of our 2017 catalogue Brand Logo Fits Model Variant Ford Focus Mk1 RS Free Shipping