ARP Con Rod Bolts - most steel con rod manufacturers choose ARP bolts as their standard equipment. They’re proud to advertise their products as being equipped with ARP rod bolts. And for good reason. The ‘weak link’ in a connecting rod has always been the bolt and racers know that nobody manufactures a better bolt than ARP. Testing has shown ARP bolts to have twenty times the fatigue strength of other bolts. You’ll find the ARP name proudly stamped on each bolt as your quality of assurance.
8740 Chrome Moly bolt kit delivering up to 200,000 psi tensile strength. Does not fit ST170 (use ARPBE06). Suits original Ford cast con rods only. Con rod caps may need reaming slightly to allow bolts to fit.Ford Zetec E 16v Silver Top -05/98
- Ford Escort Mk5 1.6 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Escort Mk5 1.8 & XR3i 1992-1995
- Ford Escort Mk6 1.6 16v 1995-2000
- Ford Escort Mk6 1.8 & GTi 1995-1998
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 Si 1.6 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 XR2i 1.8 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 RS1800 1.8 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 1.6 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 1.8 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 2.0 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.6 16v 1996-05/1998
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.8 16v 1996-05/1998
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 2.0 16v 1996-05/1998
- Ford Cougar 2.0 16v 1998-2002
- Ford Focus Mk1 1.8 16v 1998-2005
- Ford Focus Mk1 2.0 16v 1998-2005
- Ford Focus Mk1 RS 2.0 16v 2002-2003 (Duratec RS)
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.8 16v 05/1998-2000
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 2.0 16v 05/1998-0000
Make sure that there is an adequate chamfer around the top of the connecting rod bolt hole to clear the radius under the head of the bolt.
Use ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant to lubricate the threads of the bolt and under the head of the bolt. Then install the bolts and tighten them hand tight.
ARP recommends using the STRETCH METHOD when tightening the bolts. Following the instructions for using a stretch gauge, Stretch the bolts to 0.0050"-0.0055".
If you do not have a stretch gauge, torque the bolts to 25ft-lbs using ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant.
A log should be kept on the original non-torqued length of each bolt. Bolts that have any permanent deformation or have increased in non-torqued length by more than 0.001" should be replaced.
- Additional Information
Part No ARPBE05 Fits Engine Type Ford Zetec E Product Group Con Rod Bolts Stock Status Available From Stock Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2018 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 43 of our 2018 catalogue Brand Logo
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £25.92 Taxed, Each £31.10
No Tax, Each £22.71 Taxed, Each £27.25
No Tax, Each £32.46 Taxed, Each £38.95
No Tax, Each £73.09 Taxed, Each £87.71
No Tax, Each £1.22 Taxed, Each £1.46
No Tax, Each £39.00 Taxed, Each £46.80