To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block (ideally with a thread chaser or tap).
Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”. NOTE: LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
Install the cylinder head and check for binding or misalignment.
Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight.
ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to engine oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when engine oil or other low quality lubricants are used.PRELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS:
Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 60ft lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.Ford Zetec E 16v Silver Top -05/98
- Ford Escort Mk5 1.6 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Escort Mk5 1.8 & XR3i 1992-1995
- Ford Escort Mk6 1.6 16v 1995-2000
- Ford Escort Mk6 1.8 & GTi 1995-1998
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 Si 1.6 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 XR2i 1.8 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 RS1800 1.8 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 1.6 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 1.8 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 2.0 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.6 16v 1996-05/1998
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.8 16v 1996-05/1998
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 2.0 16v 1996-05/1998
- Ford Cougar 2.0 16v 1998-2002
- Ford Focus Mk1 1.8 16v 1998-2005
- Ford Focus Mk1 2.0 16v 1998-2005
- Ford Focus Mk1 ST170 2.0 16v 2002-2005 (Duratec ST)
- Ford Focus Mk1 RS 2.0 16v 2002-2003 (Duratec RS)
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.8 16v 05/1998-2000
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 2.0 16v 05/1998-0000
- Additional Information
Part No ARPHD08 Fits Engine Type Ford Zetec E Product Group Head Bolts & Studs Stock Status Available From Stock Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2016 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 44 of our 2016 catalogue Brand Logo Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £32.46 Taxed, Each £38.95
No Tax, Each £41.44 Taxed, Each £49.73
No Tax, Each £95.47 Taxed, Each £114.56
No Tax, Each £70.28 Taxed, Each £84.34
No Tax, Each £99.53 Taxed, Each £119.44
No Tax, Each £23.16 Taxed, Each £27.79