To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block (ideally with a thread chaser or tap).
Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”. NOTE: LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
Install the main caps and check for binding or misalignment.
Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight.
ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to engine oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when engine oil or other low quality lubricants are used.PRELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS:
Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 80ft lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.Ford Essex V6
- Ford Capri Mk1/Mk2/Mk3 3.0 V6 1969-1981
- Ford Granada Mk1 2.5/3.0 V6 1972-1977
- Ford Transit Mk2 3.0 V6 1978-1986
- Ford Zephyr Mk4 2.5 V6 1966-1972
- Ford Zodiac Mk4 3.0 V6 1966-1972
- Gilburn Genie 2.5/3.0 V6 1966-1969
- Gilburn Invader 3.0 V6 1969-1973
- Marcos GT 3.0 V6
- Reliant Scimitar GT 2.5/3.0 V6 1966-1970
- Reliant Scimitar GTE 3.0 V6 1968-1979
- TVR 3000M, 3000S & Taimar 3.0 V6 1972-1979
- TVR Tuscan 3.0 V6 1969-1971
- Additional Information
Part No ARPMS06 Fits Engine Type Ford Essex V4/V6 Product Group Main Cap Bolts & Studs Stock Status Stock Lead Time Typically 1-2 weeks Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2016 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 44 of our 2016 catalogue Brand Logo