To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block (ideally with a thread chaser or tap).
Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”. NOTE: LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
Install the main caps and check for binding or misalignment.
Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight.
ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to engine oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when engine oil or other low quality lubricants are used.PRELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS:
Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 90ft lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.Ford Taunus/Cologne V6
- Ford Capri 2.0/2.3/2.6/2.8i V6 1969-1987
- Ford Cortina Mk4/Mk5 2.3 V6 1977-1982
- Ford Granada Mk1 2.0/2.3/2.6 V6 1972-1977
- Ford Granada Mk2 2.0/2.3/2.8 V6 1977-1985
- Ford Granada Mk3/Scorpio 2.8i V6 1985-1988
- Ford Granada Mk3/Scorpio 2.4i/2.9i V6 1989-1998
- Ford Sierra 2.3/2.8i/XR4i/XR4x4 V6 1982-1988
- Ford Sierra 2.9i XR4x4 V6 1989-1993
- Ford Taunus 17M P7 1.8 V6 1968-1971
- Ford Taunus 20M P5 2.0 V6 1964-1967
- Ford Taunus 20M P7 2.0/2.3 V6 1967-1971
- Ford Taunus 26M 2.6 V6 1969-1971
- Ford Taunus TC 2.0/2.3 V6 1970-1976
- Ford Taunus Mk2/Mk3 2.0/2.3 V6 1976-1982
- Ford Transit 2.9i V6 1989-2000
- Reliant Scimitar GTE/GTC 2.8 V6 1979-1986
- TVR 280i/Tasmin 2.8 V6 1980-1987
- TVR S1 2.8 V6 1986-1988
- TVR S2/S3/S4 2.9 V6 1989-1994
- Additional Information
Part No ARPMS03 Fits Engine Type Ford Taunus/Cologne V4/V6 Product Group Main Cap Bolts & Studs Stock Status Available From Stock Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2017 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 44 of our 2017 catalogue Brand Logo Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £81.21 Taxed, Each £97.45
No Tax, Each £31.28 Taxed, Each £37.54
No Tax, Each £46.72 Taxed, Each £56.06
No Tax, Each £68.66 Taxed, Each £82.39
No Tax, Each £7.72 Taxed, Each £9.26
No Tax, Each £24.34 Taxed, Each £29.21