ARP Con Rod Bolts - most steel con rod manufacturers choose ARP bolts as their standard equipment. They’re proud to advertise their products as being equipped with ARP rod bolts. And for good reason. The ‘weak link’ in a connecting rod has always been the bolt and racers know that nobody manufactures a better bolt than ARP. Testing has shown ARP bolts to have twenty times the fatigue strength of other bolts. You’ll find the ARP name proudly stamped on each bolt as your quality of assurance.
8740 Chrome Moly bolt kit delivering up to 200,000 psi tensile strength.Ford Taunus/Cologne V6 (note 2.9 engines to 08/1995 only)
- Ford Capri 2.0/2.3/2.6/2.8i V6 1969-1987
- Ford Cortina Mk4/Mk5 2.3 V6 1977-1982
- Ford Granada Mk1 2.0/2.3/2.6 V6 1972-1977
- Ford Granada Mk2 2.0/2.3/2.8 V6 1977-1985
- Ford Granada Mk3/Scorpio 2.8i V6 1985-1988
- Ford Granada Mk3/Scorpio 2.4i/2.9i V6 1989-08/1995
- Ford Sierra 2.3/2.8i/XR4i/XR4x4 V6 1982-1988
- Ford Sierra 2.9i XR4x4 V6 1989-1993
- Ford Taunus 17M P7 1.8 V6 1968-1971
- Ford Taunus 20M P5 2.0 V6 1964-1967
- Ford Taunus 20M P7 2.0/2.3 V6 1967-1971
- Ford Taunus 26M 2.6 V6 1969-1971
- Ford Taunus TC 2.0/2.3 V6 1970-1976
- Ford Taunus Mk2/Mk3 2.0/2.3 V6 1976-1982
- Ford Transit 2.9i V6 1989-08/1995
- Reliant Scimitar GTE/GTC 2.8 V6 1979-1986
- TVR 280i/Tasmin 2.8 V6 1980-1987
- TVR S1 2.8 V6 1986-1988
- TVR S2/S3/S4 2.9 V6 1989-1994
- Ford Granada Mk3/Scorpio Cosworth 2.9 24v BOA 1990-10/1994
- Ford Scorpio Cosworth 2.9 24v BOB 10/1994-1998
Make sure that there is an adequate chamfer around the top of the connecting rod bolt hole to clear the radius under the head of the bolt.
Press the bolts into the connecting rods and install the rod caps.
Use ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant to lubricate the threads of the bolt and the nut face. Then install the nuts onto the bolts and tighten them hand tight.
ARP recommends using the STRETCH METHOD when tightening the bolts. Following the instructions for using a stretch gauge, Stretch the bolts to 0.0060"-0.0065".
If you do not have a stretch gauge, torque the bolts to 35ft-lbs using ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant.
A log should be kept on the original non-torqued length of each bolt. Bolts that have any permanent deformation or have increased in non-torqued length by more than 0.001" should be replaced.
- Additional Information
Part No ARPBE04 Fits Engine Type Ford Taunus/Cologne V4/V6 Product Group Con Rod Bolts Stock Status Available From Stock Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2018 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 43 of our 2018 catalogue Brand Logo
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £46.72 Taxed, Each £56.06
No Tax, Each £68.66 Taxed, Each £82.39
No Tax, Each £69.06 Taxed, Each £82.87
No Tax, Each £24.38 Taxed, Each £29.26
No Tax, Each £128.78 Taxed, Each £154.54
No Tax, Each £161.28 Taxed, Each £193.54