All Farndon crankshafts are designed and manufactured to your exact needs; they are produced in house, from the very best material.Material:
Farndon’s steel supplier is Corus. Corus is one of the worlds leading producers of alloy and aircraft steels. Material is manufactured to the highest cleanliness and quality standards, exceeding the minimum requirements of the British standards.
Their experience over many years has shown Corus material most suited to the manufacturer of crankshafts. Cleanliness means rejections, due to steel defects are minimal. Ultrasonic examination is carried out on the rolled bar after heat treatment to ensure there is no cracking.
The sulphur content is controlled to give good mach inability and minimize the risks of sulphides causing problems with finished components.
We believe this contributes significantly to producing high quality crankshafts.Heat treatment:
All Farndon crankshafts are heat treated to raise the core strength of the crankshaft. The procedure we use is dependant on the application of the engine.Nitriding:
The crankshafts are Nitrided for 72 hours (unless otherwise stated by the customer). This procedure gives the crankshaft a case depth of min .5mm to .6mm and a minimum hardness of 750HV. The benefit of this is to give the crankshaft a much harder wearing surface.
All Farndon EN40B steel crankshafts are manufactured from solid steel billet. Farndon are also able to manufacture any crankshaft on a one-off basis. Please enquire if your application is not listed.Ford CVH
- Ford Escort Mk3/Orion 1.6/XR3 1980-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 1.6i/XR3i 1982-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 RS1600i 1981-1983
- Ford Escort Mk3 RS Turbo Series 1 1984-1985
- Ford Escort Mk4/Orion 1.6 1986-1990
- Ford Escort Mk4 1.6i/XR3i MFi 1986-1989
- Ford Escort Mk4 1.6i/XR3i EFi 1989-1990
- Ford Escort Mk4 RS Turbo Series 2 1986-1990
- Ford Escort Mk5/Mk6/Orion 1.6 1990-1992
- Ford Fiesta Mk2 1.6/XR2 1983-1989
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 1.6 1989-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 XR2i & RS Turbo 1989-1992
- Ford Sierra 1.6 1989-1993
- Morgan 4/4 1.6 1982-1993
- Reliant Scimitar SS1 1.6 1984-1990
- Additional Information
Part No CV324 Fits Engine Type Ford CVH Product Group Crankshafts Stock Status Stock Lead Time Typically 8-12 weeks Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2016 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 19 of our 2017 catalogue Brand Logo Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £4.84 Taxed, Each £5.81