This type of drive plate is more suitable for high energy competition applications like rallying although it can be used for road use where the organic drive plate cannot withstand the higher operating temperatures. The design incorporates a sprung centre to provide some protection against drive line shock. Manufactured with a rigid adaptor plate (instead of cushion segments) incorporating cerametallic pads. The cerametallic material keeps it's friction properties to a much higher temperature than the organic material.
- Ford Escort Mk3/Orion 1.6/XR3 1980-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 1.6i/XR3i 1982-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 RS1600i 1981-1983
- Ford Escort Mk3 RS Turbo Series 1 1984-1985
- Ford Fiesta Mk2 1.6/XR2 1983-1986