This type of drive plate is more suitable for high energy competition applications like rallying although it can be used for road use where the organic drive plate cannot withstand the higher operating temperatures. The design incorporates a sprung centre to provide some protection against drive line shock. Manufactured with a rigid adaptor plate (instead of cushion segments) incorporating cerametallic pads. The cerametallic material keeps it's friction properties to a much higher temperature than the organic material.
Ford Cosworth YB 16v Turbo
- Ford Sierra RS Cosworth 3 door 1986-1987
- Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 1987
- Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth 2wd 1988-1989
- Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth 4wd 1990-1992
- Ford Escort RS Cosworth 4wd T34 1992-06/1994
- Ford Escort RS Cosworth 4wd T25 06/1994-1996