DetailsHD cast substrate with lead indium overlay. Journal diameter 51.493/51.477mm
The new range of Mahle Motorsport bearings contains technology that has been transferred from Mahle’s F1 bearing technology. Manufactured with a “racing notch” – a notch which is machined in to the back of the bearing leaving the journal surface untouched.Benefits of the Racing Notch:
There are two main benefits of the racing notch:1. It enables the cross sectional area of the joint face to remain fully intact such that the hoop stresses in the bearing caused by the interference fit with the housing are equally distributed.
- A conventional notch requires a section of the material to be pressed back from the joint face which reduces the cross sectional area and therefore there is less material with which to support the load imposed by the interference fit of the bearing assembly.
- The racing notch allows the contact pressure between the bearing and housing to be maximised if required. This allows the housing to provide maximum support for the bearing and the optimum heat transfer from the bearing into the housing.
2. The bore of the bearing remains uninterrupted which creates a better surface for the formation of the oil film and it also removes an oil leakage path.
All bearings in this range are identified by laser marking as opposed to stamping.Benefits of Laser Marking:
The cheapest method of identifying a bearing is by stamping. For motorsport applications where higher temperatures are experienced, the effectiveness of heat transfer into the housing should not be compromised. If the stamping is heavy and extends quite far round the bearing causing poor back contact then the efficiency of heat transfer will be reduced.
Laser marking is an alternative method which creates smaller, more consistent marking which does not distort the backing and as such does not disrupt the back contact and subsequent heat transfer.Ford SOHC Pinto
- Ford Capri Mk1/Mk2/Mk3 1.6/2.0 1972-1987
- Ford Cortina Mk3/Mk4/Mk5 1.6/2.0 1970-1982
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS2000 2.0 1973-1974
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 2.0 & Mexico 1.6 1975-1980
- Ford Granada Mk1 2.0 1973-1977
- Ford Granada Mk2 1.6/2.0 1977-1985
- Ford Granada/Scorpio Mk3 1.8/2.0 1985-1989
- Ford Sierra 1.6/1.8/2.0 1982-1989
- Ford Transit Mk2/Mk3 1.6/2.0 1978-1994
- TVR Tamsin 200 2.0
- Additional Information
Part No VC1009/0.50 Fits Engine Type Ford SOHC (Pinto) Product Group Crank Bearings & T/Washers Stock Status Stock Lead Time Typically 8-12 weeks Fits Engine Make Ford Catalogue 2018 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 21 of our 2018 catalogue Brand Logo Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £99.53 Taxed, Each £119.44
No Tax, Each £114.97 Taxed, Each £137.96
No Tax, Each £8.53 Taxed, Each £10.24
No Tax, Each £9.55 Taxed, Each £11.46
No Tax, Each £10.97 Taxed, Each £13.16
No Tax, Each £25.59 Taxed, Each £30.71