As a direct replacement for the standard, factory ‘open’ differential, Quaife’s ATB unit can transform the performance of your car. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip unit, these units rely on gears, rather than clutch plates for its operation.
That means it’s much smoother in operation, because unlike a conventional plate-style LSD, it never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle.
Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree and never locks.
To the driver (especially of a front-wheel drive car), the results are significant performance improvements; superior, controllable traction without the harsh steering wheel snatch or torque steer that have long been associated with performance differentials.
These traction benefits can also be utilized in rear wheel drive vehicles, while Quaife ATB units offer significant traction advantages fitted to the front of four wheel drive cars.
These units require no special maintenance or rebuilds, are long lasting and retain the standard method of lubrication, making for an easy, pain-free upgrade.Application:
- Ford Escort MK3 1.1/1.3/1.6/1.6D 1980-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 1.6i/XR3i 1982-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 RS Turbo Series 1 1984-1985
- Ford Escort Mk3 RS1600i 1981-1983
- Ford Escort Mk3 XR3 1980-1982
- Ford Escort Mk4 1.1/1.3/1.4/1.6/1.6D/1.8D 1986-1990
- Ford Escort Mk4 1.6i/XR3i 1986-1990
- Ford Escort Mk4 RS Turbo Series 2 1986-1990
- Ford Escort Mk5/6 1.3/1.4/1.6 1990-2001
- Ford Escort Mk5/6 1.6, 1.8 16v, XR3i (105PS) 1992-2001
- Ford Fiesta Mk1 1.0/1.1 1976-1983
- Ford Fiesta Mk1 1.3 Supersport 1980-1983
- Ford Fiesta Mk1 1.6 XR2 1981-1983
- Ford Fiesta Mk2 1.0/1.1/1.3/1.4/1.6D 1983-1989
- Ford Fiesta Mk2 1.6 XR2 1983-1989
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 1.0/1.1/1.3/1.4 & 1.6 1989-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 Si 1.6, XR2i & RS1800 1.8 16v 1992-1995
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 XR2i 1.6 CVH 1989-1992
- Ford Fiesta Mk3 RS Turbo 1990-1992
- Ford Fiesta Mk4 1.25/1.3/1.4 1995-1999
- Ford Fiesta Mk5 1.25/1.3/1.4/1.6 2000-2002
- Ford Fiesta Mk6 1.25/1.3/1.4/1.6 2002-2008
- Ford Fiesta Mk6 1.4D/1.6D 2002-2008
- Ford Fiesta Mk6 ST150 2.0 2005-2008
- Ford Fiesta Mk7 (not ST180) 2008-
- Ford Focus Mk1 1.4/1.6/1.8 1998-2005
- Ford Focus Mk2 1.4/1.6/1.8 2005-2011
- Ford Focus Mk3 1.0/1.6 2011-
- Ford Ka Mk1 1996-2008
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 1.6 2007-2014
- Ford Puma 1.4/1.6/1.7 1997-2001
- Ford Street Ka 2003-2005
4 and 5 speed FWD transaxle. Originally designed for the Fiesta Mk1 as a 4 speed gearbox, the 5 speed version was eventually introduced in 1982. It was fitted until 1995 in most FWD applications until being replaced by a similar more refined IB5 gearbox.
Oil capacity 4 speed: 2.8 litres
Oil capacity 5 speed: 3.1 litres
Standard oil grade: SAE80
Input spline: 20mm x 17
Type IB5 5 Speed FWD Gearbox
Current standard duty FWD transaxle which has been fitted since around 1995.
Oil capacity: 2.8 litres
Standard oil grade: 75W90 full-synthetic
Input spline: 20mm x 17
- Additional Information
Part No QUALSD3 Product Group Differential LSDs & ATBs Fits Gearbox Type Ford Type IB5 FWD gearbox Stock Status Available From Stock Catalogue 2016 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 106 of our 2017 catalogue Brand Logo Fits Model Variant Ford Escort Mk3/Mk4 (All), Ford Escort Mk5 (Not Cosworth/RS2000/XR3i 130PS), Ford Escort Mk6 (Not RS), Ford Fiesta Mk1 (All), Ford Fiesta Mk2 (All), Ford Fiesta Mk3 (All), Ford Fiesta Mk4/Mk5 (All), Ford Focus Mk1 (Not ST170 OR RS), Ford Ka Mk1, Ford Puma (All) Free Shipping