As a direct replacement for the standard, factory ‘open’ differential, Quaife’s ATB unit can transform the performance of your car. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip unit, these units rely on gears, rather than clutch plates for its operation.
That means it’s much smoother in operation, because unlike a conventional plate-style LSD, it never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle.
Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree and never locks.
To the driver (especially of a front-wheel drive car), the results are significant performance improvements; superior, controllable traction without the harsh steering wheel snatch or torque steer that have long been associated with performance differentials.
These traction benefits can also be utilized in rear wheel drive vehicles, while Quaife ATB units offer significant traction advantages fitted to the front of four wheel drive cars.
These units require no special maintenance or rebuilds, are long lasting and retain the standard method of lubrication, making for an easy, pain-free upgrade.Application:
- Ford Cougar 2.0 16v 1998-2002
- Ford Cougar 2.5 V6 1998-2002
- Ford Escort Mk5 1.8 16v (130PS), XR3i (130PS) & 4x4 models 1992-1995
- Ford Escort Mk6 1.8 16v GTi 1995-1998
- Ford Escort Mk5/Mk6 RS2000 2.0 16v inc 4x4 1991-1996
- Ford Focus Mk1 1.8D & 2.0 (not ST170) 1998-2005
- Ford Focus Mk1 2.0 RS 2002-2003
- Ford Focus Mk2 1.6TDCi/2.0/2.0TDCi 2005-2011
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 1.6/1.8/2.0 16v 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 2.5 V6 ST24 1992-1996
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.6/1.8/2.0 16v 1996-2000
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 2.5 V6 ST200 1999-2000
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 2.5 V6 ST24/Si 1996-2000
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 all 5 speed models 2000-2007
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 1.8/1.8D/2.0/2.0D all 5 speed models 2007-
Heavy duty 5 speed version of the FWD transaxle, originally introduced in the Escort Mk5 RS2000 and XR3i 130PS models in 1992. Available in 2wd or 4wd versions.
Oil capacity 2wd: 2 litres
Oil capacity 4wd: 2.6 litres (plus 0.3 litres in transfer box)
Standard oil grade: 75W90 full-synthetic
Input spline: 1" x 23
- Additional Information
Part No QUALSD4 Product Group Differential LSDs & ATBs Stock Status Available From Stock Catalogue 2016 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 106 of our 2017 catalogue Brand Logo Fits Model Variant Ford Cougar, Ford Escort Mk5 (RS2000), Ford Escort Mk5 (XR3i 130PS), Ford Escort Mk6 (RS2000), Ford Focus Mk1 (Not ST170 OR RS), Ford Mondeo Mk1, Ford Mondeo Mk2 Free Shipping