DetailsThis additive is used for 2 purposes:
1) It reduces the friction and therefore temperature between the gears which benefits in particular when running-in a freshly built diff.
2) It helps prevent the noisy chatter that is characteristic of a plate type LSD.
- Compatible with both petroleum and synthetic gear oils
- Reduces break-in temps as much as 50°F
- Add 1oz at a time to clutch-type limited slip or posi-traction units to eliminate chatter
Limited-slip or Positraction units use plates or clutches to provide the proper amount of lock-up to the differential. Slippery lubricants are required to prevent chatter, but too much slipperiness causes excess wheel spin, reducing traction.
For perfect traction, simply add the Red Line Limited-Slip Differential Friction-Modifier / Break-In Additive until the chatter disappears.
Satisfies performance requirements of GM 1052358, Ford M2C118-A, 19B546-MA, Chrysler 4318060 and most imports.
Red Line Limited-Slip Differential Friction-Modifier / Break-In Additive will significantly reduce the friction during break-in of differentials. High temperatures encountered in break-in can destroy the hardening of the gear teeth causing rapid wear of the softened gears. This additive can reduce the break-in temperatures by as much as 50°F, improving break-in conditions. Compatible with petroleum or synthetic gear oils.
Use 4% for prevention of limited slip chatter in broken-in units (typical one 4 oz. bottle) or 4 to 8% for the break-in of new differentials.
- Additional Information