Bullet/2000E/3 rail 4 Speed Gearbox
- Ford Consul Corsair 1963-09/1965
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1.2/1.5 1962-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1.5 GT 1963-1966
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk1 1963-1966
- Ford Escort Mk1 Mexico 1970-1973 (to chassis NJ00364)
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 1970-1973 (to chassis NJ00364)
- Ford Escort Mk1 Twin Cam 1968-1971
- Lotus Elan 1962-1974 (2000E gearbox)
A medium duty 4 speed box with three selector rails and all cast iron casing. Has been made with various gear selector positions; steering column change, two types of floor change and remote floor change. 7/8” x 20 spline input shaft.
Often referred to as the ‘Bullet’ gearbox, Bullet actually refers to competition three rail boxes that are fitted with close ratio straight cut gears. 2000E is a reference often used which originates from the Corsair 2000E models that were fitted with a closer gear ratio set than standard models. Apart from the gear ratios, all other service parts are identical to standard gearboxes.
Oil capacity 1.21 litres. Standard oil grade SAE80.