As a result of a special high volume deal between Burton Power and Quaife, selected genuine Quaife ATBs (including this one) are now available at a highly discounted price. This allows you the customer to benefit from owning a high quality genuine Quaife unit at a price close to the Chinese copies that are beginning to appear on the market. Why take a chance on a cheap copy when you can enjoy the real thing for only a fraction more?. For more details, click here.
The Quaife ATB - As a direct replacement for the standard, factory ‘open’ differential, Quaife’s ATB unit can transform the performance of your car. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip unit, these units rely on gears, rather than clutch plates for its operation. That means it’s much smoother in operation, because unlike a conventional plate-style LSD, it never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle. Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree and never locks.
To the driver (especially of a front-wheel drive car), the results are significant performance improvements; superior, controllable traction without the harsh steering wheel snatch or torque steer that have long been associated with performance differentials. These traction benefits can also be utilized in rear wheel drive vehicles, while Quaife ATB units offer significant traction advantages fitted to the front of four wheel drive cars.
The Quaife ATB differential has been designed to use the standard transmission oils and is covered by a limited lifetime warranty for both road and competition use. This makes the Quaife ATB differential a true ‘fit and forget’ upgrade that offers compromise-free performance and reliability. Key features of the Quaife ATB helical gear limited slip differential include:
- Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never ‘locks’
- Controlled power is transmitted to all driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions
- Fitment eliminates unwanted torque steer, understeer or oversteer
- Designed to work in harmony with road car OEM electronic stability programs
- Improves braking performance by reducing lock ups and minimises ABS intrusion
- Reduces tyre wear, especially on front wheel drive cars
- Gear operated with no components to replace – ever
- Direct replacement for factory standard ‘open’ differential unit
- Retains normal axle lubrication systems and maintenance schedule
- Over 250,000 units sold worldwide since the 1980s
- Backed by the confidence of a Quaife limited lifetime warranty
Note this is a 22 spline unit - does not fit Capri (16 spline).Application:
- Ford Anglia 105E/123E 1959-1968
- Ford Consul 315 1961-1963
- Ford Consul Capri 1961-1964
- Ford Consul Corsair 1963-1965
- Ford Corsair V4 1965-1970
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1962-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1.5 GT 1963-1966
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk1 1963-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1966-1970
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1600GT/1600E 1967-1970
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 1966-1970
- Ford Escort Mk1 1.1/1.3 1968-1974*
- Ford Escort Mk1 Mexico 1970-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 1970-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS2000 1973-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 Twin Cam 1968-1971
- Ford Escort Mk2 1.1/1.3/1.6 1975-1980*
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS Mexico 1975-1978
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS1800 1975-1977
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 1976-1980
- Ford Prefect 107E 1959-1961
- Lotus Elan 1962-1974
*Please check axle type before ordering parts. Many non-UK Escorts were fitted with a Koln axle which is visually similar to an Atlas axle but much weaker.
English Axle (also known as the Timken or Banjo axle): Originating from the Anglia 105E in 1959, the English axle has been extensively used throughout many Ford models during the 1960s and 1970s. It has also been the choice for many kit cars. Although it was Ford's light duty axle from this period, it has been used extensively in competition applications for over 50 years and can easily deal with power figures way in excess of the original design intensions.
Identification: The English differential unit bolts to the front of the axle casing. The Atlas and Koln axle have an integral differential housing with a rear inspection cover bolted to the casing.
Standard halfshaft spline is 22 teeth except for Capri which uses 16 teeth.
Oil capacity is approx 1.1 litres.
- Additional Information
Part No QUALSD1 Fits Axle Type English Axle Product Group Differential LSDs & ATBs Replaces Part Nos LSDQUA Stock Status Available From Stock Catalogue 2018 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 104 of our 2018 catalogue Brand Logo Fits Model Variant Ford Anglia 105E, Ford Cortina Mk1, Ford Cortina Mk2, Ford Escort Mk1 (All), Ford Escort Mk2 (All) Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £14.58 Taxed, Each £17.50
No Tax, Each £2.29 Taxed, Each £2.75
No Tax, Each £14.17 Taxed, Each £17.00
No Tax, Each £6.58 Taxed, Each £7.90
No Tax, Each £19.13 Taxed, Each £22.96
No Tax, Each £10.79 Taxed, Each £12.95