Copy of the original Group 1 prop shaft. By use of larger diameter tubing and removal of the centre bearing, this single piece propshaft is much stronger than the original two piece item. Suitable as a direct replacement for the original prop or for competition use. Fits all standard RS2000s or Escorts using Rocket or 5 speed gearbox and English or Atlas axle.
A high quality item manufactured in the UK, not a cheap inferior import. The vast majority of imports use rather crude forgings which are heavier and the tubing spec can often be suspect. The tube specification used on our propshafts is SAE 1020/1040, as per original specification. The end float in the universal joints is controlled by varying the thickness of the circlips which gives a smoother joint action and better control over straightness and dynamic balance. All shafts are checked and corrected for straightness. The aim is to have no greater runout on any part of the tube of more than 0.25mm (compared to original specification of 0.35mm). Dynamic balance is at 3000rpm to ISO specification G16. All proshafts are now fitted with an upgraded transmission sleeve to eradicate any reliability issues under extreme race conditions.
- Total length (flange to nose) 1293mm.
- 3" (76mm) tube diameter.
- Serviceable circliped universal joints with grease nipples.
- Balanced to ISO specification G16.
- 90mm PCD on diff mounting flange (Escort Mk2 size).
- 25 spline output - suitable for Rocket Type E, Type 9 Sierra 5 Speed and Borg Warner T5 gearboxes.
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS Mexico 1975-1978
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS1800 1975-1977
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 1976-1980
- Ford Escort Mk2 fitted with a 4 speed Rocket or 5 speed Type 9 gearbox 1975-1980
- Ford Escort Mk1 fitted with a 4 speed Rocket or 5 speed Type 9 gearbox and a Mk2 diff flange 1968-1974
- Additional Information
Part No PROPENG Fits Axle Type Atlas Axle, English Axle Product Group Propshafts & Parts Stock Status Available From Stock Catalogue 2018 Page Click HERE to view this part on page 105 of our 2019 catalogue Brand Logo Fits Model Variant Ford Escort Mk1 (All), Ford Escort Mk2 (All) Free Shipping
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
No Tax, Each £1.04 Taxed, Each £1.25
No Tax, Each £6.58 Taxed, Each £7.90
Clutch release bearing: SOHC Ford Pinto, Cosworth YB 2wd, Essex V6, Taunus/Cologne V6. Fits Type E Rocket, Type 9 5 speed, Type 5 V6 & T5 Borg Warner gearboxes ECB113No Tax, Each £19.08 Taxed, Each £22.90
Aluminium bellhousing Escort RS2000 Mk1/Mk2: Rocket/Type 9 gearbox to Ford 4 cylinder (LH & RH starter location) BH3No Tax, Each £162.50 Taxed, Each £195.00
No Tax, Each £9.08 Taxed, Each £10.90
No Tax, Each £16.25 Taxed, Each £19.50